Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Family Trip to San Diego

I love the beach.  Someday I tease Evan that he is going to build me a cottage (just a little one) on the beach.  I wonder if people who live near the beach take it for granted - if it becomes an old hat for them.
We had a very nice vacation/business trip.  I have so many pictures, I am looking forward and at the same time dreading putting them together on Shutterfly in an album.

He loves the water & sand


He was not so sure the first day


I think she enjoyed her 1st trip to the beach.


We had a picnic one day and fed a squirrel a cheeto.
This squirrel would have sat on our picnic blanket had we let him!


worn out kiddo


She is my "easiest" to snap a picture of


who is that girl?


Happy kiddo


I love these simple moment pics - nothing fancy, not even looking at the camera


He was having fun


please do not eat it


please!


I do not even have words for this one,
except for melt my heart


She turned 5 on me on our vacation....boo hoo!


While dad was doing business at the coin show in Long Beach,
we went to a local park for awhile


then headed over to the Aquarium of the Pacific,
which was very neato indeed!
And I may add we timed it perfect as all the school field trips (school was still in session for them)
were leaving and the summer crowds had not begun!


touched some stingrays


posed


Evan not happy to be posing


played
"I Spy"
I love this guy.


so pretty
pink is my favorite color.


we had a small melt down at one point.


But did become happy especially when we bought him his "souvenir"


happy as can be on the longish walk back to the car ~
but I got free parking!


We went to the Mission in San Juan Capistrano 


so I wanted to take the kids there.


went to a stinky beach - Cy did not like the smell
it actually was not that bad and I have a sensative nose myself


stroller worked well on this beach


Evan always-always lingering...


We played at the park at this beach as it was cooler and evening was setting in.
Aliza loved the slide - just ask her dad how much...
97-98 times??


Skipper


They got to turn some thingy ma jig


How confusing is this?
Can you spy the workers?


"Straw Hair" at the Corvette Cafe -
cute place, the staff sing & dance


and there is a balloon guy
that makes lightsabers (and other things)


If he is not lingering,
he is frolicking


we took our umbrella,
next time I want to remember our little tent.
I think that would be fun.


I love Cyrus behind Evan
really enjoying the warm sand and sun!


And this wee one kept doing this!


I already want to plan another beach trip!


No comments: