Friday, February 12, 2010

Over and Over by Charlotte Zolotow

This is one of my favorite childrens books. Unfortunately, I am not a literature expert, but this book to me is simplistically marvelous! The originial copyright is 1957, (I happen to have an original copy!) and perhaps that is part of what makes this book so great - its simple nature from a different era. The words are so delicate, simple, & charming. The story is about a little girl who did not understand about time/seasons.
This book is a far cry from some of the Dora, Princess, Transformer, etc. lit that comes our way at times. For the record I rarely buy any "character" books, they are awful!

I just love the illustrations by Garth Williams. The watercolor paintings are so soft.
Truely Precious...

Don't you think?...


If you have a little girl, especially a girly girl, she will LOVE this book. My 5 yr. old son even likes to listen to it now and then. Of course it is available at Amazon here.

No comments: